7 August 2011
What countries have the most days off?
Some countries are tied and for some regions if you can be different religions at the same time, then you have the chance to take a total of 45 days off a year! Unfortunately, the United States falls at the bottom of the list.
Although the Italians take time off throughout the entire month of August, only 1 out of 4 Italians vacation in a spot other then their homes because of the failing economy.
Travel is at a 16 year low, people are traveling less and spending less this year and the travel industry is affected by the poor economy. Less people are willing to fly and would rather travel by car but with the rise in gas prices, people are not traveling very far from their homes. The hotel industry is down as well, more people in Europe are camping or exchanging homes for the holidays. Many countries are reporting a plunge in tourism which can have a big impact on the local economies. Some countries are reporting a standstill, like Acapulco, Mexico, Egypt, Jordan, and Nepal. Greece is practically begging for tourism to help boost their struggling economy.
1. Brazil - 41 - Minimum 30 vacation days and 11 public holidays
2. Lithuania - 41 - Minimum 28 vacation days and 13 public holidays
3. Italy - 40 - Minimum 28 vacation days and 12 public holidays
4. France - 40 - minimum 30 vacation days and 10 public holidays
5. Finland - 40 - minimum 30 vacation days and 10 public holidays
6. Russia - 40 - Minimum 28 vacation days and 12 public holidays
7. Greece - 40 -Minimum 25 vacation days with 15 public holidays
8. Austria - 38 - minimum 25 vacation days and 13 public holidays
9. Poland Minimum - 36 -26 vacation days and 10 public holidays
10. United Kingdom -36 - Minimum 28 days vacation but only 8 public holidays
11. Denmark - 34 -Minimum 25 vacation days and 9 public holidays
12. South Korea - 34 - Minimum 19 vacation days and 15 public holidays
13. New Zealand - 31 - Minimum 20 vacation days and 11 public holidays
14. Switzerland - 29 - Minimum 20 vacation days and 9 public holidays
15. India - 28 -minimum 12 vacation days and 16 public holidays (Note: that in this region, if you can connivence your boss that you are multi religious you can get up to 32 religious holidays each year!)
16. Taiwan - 28 - Minimum 15 vacation days and 13 public holidays
17. Singapore - 26 - Minimum 15 vacation days with 11 public holidays
18. United States - 25 - Average 15 vacation days with only 10 public holidays
Global Confidence in Economy Collapses
Making Sense of the Bank of America Mortgage Fraud and Negotiations
Debt Plan Fact Sheet
Crime Against Humanity