Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Update: Bank of America Petition for Laura B Progress!

4 December 2012 I had posted a request to sign a petition for a woman who was having huge problems with Bank of America in regards to keeping her home. Her story: "After countless and fruitless hours on the phone with Bank of America over the past year, the bank ignored my repeated requests to take my ex-husband’s name off of my mortgage and get a modification on my loan. Then I got an email from The New Bottom Line, asking me if I wanted to create an online petition to save my home. My home is my livelihood. It’s where the small businesses the I built keep a roof over my family’s head. Soon after my petition went live, over 2,000 people had signed in support and I was working with the New Bottom Line to organize a rally at my home. My story made it into the local paper. I even was able to get Senator Mark Udall’s office to make a call to Bank of America on my behalf. But still I heard nothing from the bank." And it continues: "So early Thanksgiving week, the New Bottom Line activated its online community (that's you!) to call the two bankers that I had been in contact with at Bank of America. They left messages for the bankers throughout the day, voicing their support for my cause. Then on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, I received a call from the CEO’s office at Bank of America. “We’ve been getting a lot of calls about your account,” the Bank of America representative said. She went on to tell me that she was had all my information right in front of her (unlike every other banker I’d spoken to) and that she had the authority to handle my claim completely, from taking my ex-husband’s name off of the mortgage to getting me the correct paperwork to file for a modification. Thank you for making these calls. The five minutes that you took to leave a message supporting me means so much. I am so thankful for your willingness to take a stand and help me keep my home. I’m not completely out of the woods yet; I still need my modification approved. But today I feel better about my mortgage situation than I’ve felt in more than a year. And your call shows how we can challenge big bank power together--and win."

No comments:

Post a Comment