Friday, September 17, 2004

I'm trapped inside my own despair suffocated by this hopeless war; on Iraq occupation

I'm trapped inside my own despair suffocated by this hopeless war; on Iraq occupation

And soon we will exercise our right of return, on Palestinian right of return
Don't Forget and Simona are two poems by Yahya Abdul Rahman and Ehab Lotayef

Don't Forget
by Yahya Abdul Rahman
Don't forget Qibya
Don't forget Jenin
Don't forget Sabra / Shatila
Or the murder of Shiekh Yassin
It's been said by some he's a man of peace
But in fact the "Bulldozer" is a destructive beast
He killed our people
He robbed our lands
And history testifies he has blood on his hands
We will not forget
In our memories these facts will burn
And soon we will exercise our right of return
by Yahya Abdul Rahman - Sept 17, 2004
Simona *
By: Ehab Lotayef
You stretch your hand
to a weeping kid
to save him from
the burning pit
I stretch my hand
to help you out
I see you not
I reach you not
I'm trapped inside
my own despair
suffocated by
this hopeless war
You long for peace
I long for peace
We pray for a world
that kills no more
--
Ehab Lotayef
Montreal , September 17, 2004
*Praying for the safety of both Simonas and their coworkers in Iraq .

No comments:

Post a Comment